Friday, June 17, 2011

My Little Man

Allen officially graduated from Pre-K today! I cried because he was so cute....all the kids were today. He is the youngest of our five, our only son. Allen is my last baby, which is bittersweet.

I have had a "little person" in preschool for 15 consecutive years, each one a blessing for sure. I am being shoved through this phase in my life and have to accept that there will be no more babies, no more pre-school graduations, no more amusing "little people" conversations in the car to and from school.

All mother's face this, these phases in our lives. Our children grow, our parents age, we age. I'm just not quite ready.

I know that I would have had one more baby if I could have, but that wasn't His plans for me. I am not going to blame the BRCA gene, my cancer history, or the hysterectomy that followed. I will accept and be grateful. I will learn to embrace this new phase of life, past the baby-toddler-pre-K years, and keep all those 15 years of memories, laughter, and love close to my heart.

Today was beautiful and my little man was too cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment